Butternut Squash Hummus
I LOVE squash...all kinds. I also have a special affinity for hummus. Not just any hummus though. I want the rich and creamy kind of hummus that melts in your mouth. This hummus satisfies both needs to a tee. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 1 1/2 cups roasted butternut squash (half of a 2.5 lb butternut squash)-directions for roasting below
- 1 1/2 T olive oil +1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (about one can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained)
- 2 T tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 T water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/16 tsp cumin
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out seeds.*
- Rub 1 tsp of olive oil over insides of butternut squash (1/2 tsp on each).
- Place olive oil-rubbed-side down on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, scoop out 1 1/2 cups worth.
- Add butternut squash, 1 1/2 T olive oil, chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon and water to a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Add in spices and blend until well-combined.
- Serve with veggies, crackers or dipping of choice.
- Will keep in fridge for up to 1 week.