Seared Cod with Fresh Herb Sauce
Quick, easy and super super delicious. This treat is Paleo friendly and supplies a great source of Omega-3 and herbs for health.
- 4 cod filets
- 1 Tablespoon chives, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot minced
- zest of half a lemon
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 6 Tablespoons ghee or butter, melted
- Sea salt + fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Season each filet with sea salt and black pepper
- In a small bow, combine the ghee or butter, garlic, shallot and herbs
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once skillet is hot, pour herb butter in the skillet and place the fish in the pan. Sear the fish filets on both sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- Transfer the fish to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk and lemon zest in the skillet with the herbs and butter you cooked the fish in. Bring to a simmer, scraping the bottom and sides.
- Take the fish out of the oven, put on a plate and gently pour the coconut sauce over top.