Roasted Veggie Soup with Braised Mushrooms
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1 bunch beets, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 bunch pink radishes, stemmed and halved
- 1 large sweet potato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
Preheat oven to 400F. Cube potato into 1 inch squares. Place veggies into bowl and set aside. In a smaller bowl combine salt, pepper, cumin, garlic, honey, oil and oregano. Pour over veggies and mix well. Spread vegetables in one layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast for 40 to 50 minutes or until the vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork.
For the soup:
- 1/2 lb. crimini and shitake mushrooms, sliced
- chicken or veggie stock
- high heat cooking oil or butter
- arugula to garnish
1. Place 1 Tablespoon butter or high heat cooking oil in sauté pan on med-high heat.
2. Add mushroom and cook until golden brown on one side, flip over and cook until golden brown on other side.
3. Add enough stock to cover bottom of pan, reduce heat to low and simmer until liquid is dissolved, about 5-8 minutes.
1. Puree your leftover roasted veggies adding veggie or chicken stock until you have your desired consistency. Place in bowls and top with braised mushrooms and a small handful of arugula.