Creamy Kale Salad
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seed removed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 bunch kale (8 oz.), stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 small red beet, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 sweet, crisp apple, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
1 Combine avocado, vinegar, mustard, and oil in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. (It will be thick.) Season with salt and pepper.
2 Combine kale, beets, apple, and walnuts in a large bowl. Toss with avocado dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
3 Serve immediately.
*Don't love all that kale? Use half Romaine!