California Salmon + Veggie Bowls
You can prep all of these ingredients ahead of time and use them in varying recipes like the roasted veggie soup. Add any extra salmon to salads and use the rice with veggies and greens.
For the salmon:
- 1 lb salmon filet
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (may sub 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (may sub 1 tablespoon dried)
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, onion powder, pepper, cayenne, smoked paprika, parsley and basil. Add the chicken and toss well. Cover and place in the fridge. Preheat oven to 400F. Once oven is preheated removed salmon from fridge and roast until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Let cool, place in air tight container.
For the rice:
- 1 cup of rice cooked according to package directions
For the roasted veggies:
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1 bunch beets, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 bunch pink radishes, stemmed and halved
- 1 large sweet potato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cube potato into 1 inch squares. Place veggies into bowl and set aside. In a smaller bowl combine salt, pepper, cumin, garlic, honey, oil and oregano. Pour over veggies and mix well. Spread vegetables in one layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast for 40 to 50 minutes or until the vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork.
- 2 avocados, mashed very well
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
1 Place cooked salmon in a shallow baking dish. Add a small pat of butter or ghee to the top OR add enough water and a squeeze of lemon to cover the bottom of the dish.
2 Once oven is preheated, bake about 5 minutes.
3 Reheat the rice and roasted veggies on the stove top with a small amount of water or stock. Feel free to add cayenne or chili flake to spice things up a bit.
4 Remove salmon from oven, rice and veggies from stove top.
5 Add the mashed avocados to a bowl. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
6 Place rice, veggies and salmon into bowls. Add a large dollop of the avocados and then add the fresh tomatoes and walnuts.