Butternut Squash Baked Risotto
- 2 Tbls ghee or coconut oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 Arborio rice
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 butternut squash (2 lbs), peeled and cut into bite sized chunks - many grocery stores carry prepped squash for your convenience
- 1/2 cup dry white wine - yep, cooking with this is a-okay!
- 4 cups veggie stock
- 1 bunch Lacinato (Tuscan) or curly kale, stems removed, and chopped.
1 Preheat oven to 400F. In a medium sized heavy oven proof pot, or dutch oven, heat oil or ghee over medium-high. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute
2 Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, util edges are translucent, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add wine and cook, stirring, until completely absorbed, about 2 minutes. Add squash and stock; bring to a boil. Stir in kale
3 Cover with lid, (or parchment paper, then foil), transfer to oven and bake until rice is tender and has absorbed most of the liquid, about 20 minutes. Serve hot!