Peachy Chicken Salad
There are some things that are done just perfect by other people and this chicken salad is one of them. Jenni over at Urban Poser makes the most magical meals and treats. I make this one over and over in the summer and it's never lost it's luster. Enjoy and let me know how you like it!
Peaches & Cream Chicken Salad W/Currants & Mint
(Paleo, Egg/Dairy Free)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed (I like meat from a roasted chicken, super tender)
- 1 cup of chopped fresh peaches (could also use apricots or nectarines)
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/4 toasted walnuts/pecans (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or green onion tops
- 5-7 mint leaves, finely chopped
- a handful of curly parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cold full fat coconut milk(Try Aroy-D or Natural Value BBA/Guar gum Free(
- 1/2 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt or to taste
- Cracked pepper to taste
1 Mix the first 7 ingredients together in a bowl.
Coconut cream dressing:
1 Mix the cream and lemon/lime juice into the salad, toss, chill if needed & serve with butter lettuce.
Makes about three cups and serves 3-4 people.